Friday, February 25, 2011

What's is Toyota Isis

Launch in September 2004, Toyota Isis is a mini-MPV grade passanger car my by Kanto-Auto Works for Japan Domentic Market (JDM). This model is still available now only for Japan market and come in 2 engine sizes 1.8l and 2.0l.



Engine had change from the old and reliable 1ZZ-FE (1.8l) and 1AZ-FSE - Direct Fuel Injection (2.0l) to 2ZR-FAE (1.8l) and 3ZR-FAE (2.0l) both Direct Fuel Injection and Dual VVT-i new engine.

What is so special about Toyota Isis ?
Toyota Isis is design with the concept of being practical and with characteristic. Compare to others Toyota model in the same grade i.e. Toyota Wish or Noah, it feature a built in B pillar to the sliding door on the left of the car, something which is very rare in the MPV market. Toyota name it panoramic door. When open together with the front passenger door, you can have a feeling of space and wideness in the interior of the car. The left hand side sliding door come standard with power activated vacuum seal.



Toyota Isis seat 7 with a 2-3-2 configuration and the front passenger seat and be folded to the front to extend the 2nd row leg room a bit more.

Overall, Toyota Isis is a special mini-MPV car offer to the Japan market.

Links to Toyota Isis - Press release document :-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYWF08WP

Links to Toyota Isis Japan website (Japanese) :-
http://toyota.jp/isis/index.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I have recently purchased an imported 2006 Toyota Isis, here in New Zealand. As there appear to be absolutely no English manuals available, I am very grateful for the information contained on a site such as this.

    This is my first "computerized" vehicle. A couple of things I have discovered may be of use to those who are also beginners with such vehicles.

    Firstly, when it comes to translating the many Japanese labels throughout the vehicle, I have found that the Google Translate app is brilliant. For Android it is available, free, on the Google Play Store. What I find works well is to firstly take a clear photo of each label. Remain connected to the internet. After installing the app, and setting my option to 'Japanese to English', I click on the blue 'camera' icon on the main screen. On the page that opens I click 'import' at the bottom of the screen. This takes me to the photo gallery, from where I select a label image to translate. Automatically the selected image is imported back into the Google Translate app, which then scans it for recognisable text. At the bottom of the scanning screen I click the 'select all' button. Still on the same screen the first line of the translated text will appear towards the top of the page, against a blue background. If the arrow to the right of this English text is clicked the complete text will be displayed. At the bottom right of the page showing the entire text I click on the 'three dots' icon and, from the popup menu click 'share'. Here you have a number of choices to share your translated text: mail, messaging, drive etc. I tend to save my translations to 'Notes'. Eventually, due to the fact that the translated text will not be perfect, I retype it on my PC into a program such as Microsoft Word (no doubt other programs such as the free LibreOffice would also work), where I create a two column table. On the left I place a copy of each label photo and on the right my translated text. Whew! Probably sounds like a lot of work, but it has provided me with some valuable information about the vehicle.

    Having read stories about engine warning lights suddenly coming on, which can apparently have many causes, I decided to invest in an OBD2 code reader. Research has revealed that the type of connection required will be indicated on the compliance plate containing the VIN number etc. Mine doesn't. However, it seemed that most vehicles since around 2006 are OBD2-compliant. So I ordered a Launch CR3001 OBD2 coder reader/scanner. Looked like a great little tool, but didn't work with my vehicle. I then ordered a Konnwei KW902 Bluetooth scanner which was promoted as working with all recent Toyotas. Again, a great looking instrument, well packaged, complete with CD. Didn't work with my Isis. As best I can work out, after a lot more research, things are still not as standardised as they might be. According to Wikipedia, due to differing local regulations, vehicles intended for the Japanese market are likely to use a version of OBD2 called JOBD. So, I am now looking at buying a third affordable code reader, and have selected an Autophix OM127 (which apparently does support JOBD). Just when I thought I'd worked everything out, I further discovered on www.obddriver.com that the Isis may also require a protocol known as Toyota K-Line. Can't find any code reader that appears to support that protocol, so would appreciate any thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just buy a Blitz R-Vit
    https://toyotaisis.blogspot.com/2012/05/blitz-r-vit.html

    ReplyDelete