Monday, May 7, 2012

Blitz R-Vit


If you are an owner of Isis, you will notice that the car didn't come with a water temperature gauge, although this is a common practice on all new japanese car but I still prefer to know what's the water temperate while I am driving.
Why ? Because I had a bad experience with my other car which resulted the engine overheated and stranded me somewhere in the highway.
Lucky for me, I manage to get myself a Blitz R-Vit from my other car and installed it into my Isis. This devices comes with 3 set of wiring, one from the OBD port, the other one from the cigar lighter plug and last if for the device itself.
I prefer a clean interior and hide all the wiring away from view hence I cut a hole from the button cover and pull the wiring inside the dashboard. The display itself was glue on using double sided tape. So far the double sided tape works even on hot weather.
Next is the power point, I route the wiring into the cup holder area and last is the OBD port wiring that I hide all behind the dashboard. A cable tie secure everything behind. Toyota Isis OBD port are located at the bottom of the dashboard (driver side) next to the latch to open the bonnet.
R-Vit is capable to display up to 6 parameter of your choice in the same time, but I prefer to show on 3 parameter as the display is rather small and bigger font does help during viewing.
The parameter that I choose for Isis is "Gear", "Water Temp" & "ATF Temp". It is good to know your ATF oil temperature to help you guard and save your gearbox from going bad. High ATF temperature will shorten the lifespan of your gearbox. Repair of gearbox is costly and it is not easy too.

12 comments:

  1. Hi,

    May I know where you purchase the gauge and how much? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought from Yahoo Auction Japan previously and it is a used item a few years back.
    It is a discontinue item now, now they are selling newer version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it is very few in Malaysia sharing about Isis car. Glad to meet you. My email tcf12.7 at gmail dot come, keep if touch so might able to exchange for opinions on the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for droping in. Anything just drop me a comments here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, just got an isis but realised that parts and accessories are pretty tough to get. care to share where i can get them? i'm looking to change the car seats and also an armrest console.

    thanks a million in advance

    adam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spare parts can be purcahse from local Toyota car parts dealer. Most of the engine parts are same as toyota wish.
    Accessories will require special order from Japan directly or through Toyota car parts dealer. Kuala Lumpur have a few of the reputable dealer which can help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about the centre armrest console box? Anyone got one installed? Care to share if you know where it can be ordered?

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Assalam and Hi the blogger and everybody,

    Glad after searching for quite a while, I've found this blog.

    I am also a new owner of a used 2006 ISIS. Only 82000 km on it. Hopefully it was not tempered. The first thing that I checked after I got the car is the engine oil (looks and smell good) and the ATF fluid (also looks and smell good). But the engine rattles a bit during idle as though the rpm drops a few notches. I asked the used car guy and he said that is normal because the VVTi is working. But after two weeks, I think the rattling/vibration is getting louder. Do you guys think I should bring in for a major service (at 80,000 km). Any workshops that can be considered?

    Thanks.

    -Azman

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always visit the Toms service center in Bangsar or Sunway which specialize in Toyota car. They have a lot of package for servicing and be warn the price is not cheap. But the service is quick and good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello every one, just want to know if 2006 ISIS is compatible to OBD2, because i can not access to it with my ELM 327 interface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having the same issues with my 2005 toyota isis I purchased 3 obd2 scanners and none read. I borrowed 2 from a friend and still they did not read. Can anyone tell me which obd2 scanner will work on this vehicle?

      Delete
  11. Do you plug in the power for the OBD 2 to work ? My blitz r-vit required power from the cigarette lighter plug or else it wont work.

    ReplyDelete