Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wald Supercharger for Isis ? Maybe

 I always fancy to put more power to my Isis 1.8. Since it is clearly underpower for an 1.8l engine to pull the heavy body of Isis, I need more power to propel it up Malaysia famous touge location, Genting Highland.
I speak of it with my experience going up Genting Highland with my Isis in full load and I really struggle to drive it up. I never drive something so slow up that mountain before. The engine temperate are going up and the ATF temperature hover around 110 during the entire trip.

For more power, supercharger or turbo kit is the simplest way, and I had discuss before of a supercharger kit by blitz for the 2.0l version of Isis and now I found this kit in the local website for Toyota Wish 1.8 or Altiz 1.8. Isis 1.8 share the same platform and engine as both so I think it will fit Isis too. Maybe the bonnet might not close properly but this is something good and juicy for Isis.
Now price, what this company wanted to sell it for ? 10k plus apparently and this really a big stop sign. I think it is a bit too expensive and my personal feeling is that I might consider this kit if it is selling around 7-8k.

Anyway, there are someone out there with deep pocket that can afford this, so fellow Isis owner faster grab this kit before it is gone as it is rare to found a new kit for sale in Malaysia.

Good luck and cheers


Links to TWY Trading :-
http://twygaragemeister.blogspot.com/2013/11/wald-international-supercharger-kit.html

2 comments: